Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Spring

It feels like I'm missing spring this year. Lots of issues to deal with this spring that will hopefully work themselves out soon. I've not been able to commute into work a lot this year, yet. So when I got a morning free last week i took the ridge to the flower meadow to Melvin's to see what was blooming. It's going off right now with everything seeming to bloom at once. The contrast of the white snow-capped peaks, the green grass and aspen leaves, and the full color spectrum of wildflowers is hard to capture in pictures. The pace of the bike is just perfect. Even though I drive by the flowers, that's just it...i quickly DRIVE by and don't connect with the land at all. You can't breathe in the air, slow to take in the views, stop to take pictures, move through the landscape like you can on foot or bike.

Sweet Black Sheep Mtn Mustache bars. I dig 'em. Setting them up is a bit more difficult if you're using gears (not many types will fit). Bar-end shifters are the best for these and H-bars in my opinion. I could've put them IN the bar ends, but they'd make the bars pretty damned wide (27" already) and likely catch on more stuff than I already do. I also like being able to shift without moving my hands back and forth over rough terrain.

A sea of purple iris with James Peak in the background.

No comments: