Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Ride

Met NinjaPonyDad for a sweet S-T Mtn ride this morning. Perfect weather and didn't see a soul (yes, that's a good thing in my book). We took the road route to get there today instead of the hike into the trails to chat, but also so that he may be able to find this place when not with me. Most friends I take rides never find some of the stuff we ride together when they're alone. I don't purposely get "lost" anymore but it's still hard to find these trails even when I've ridden them for years! (I have been known to purposely "miss" the entrance to some trails and ride around in circles to get people disorientated before finally "finding" the trail. Thus is how it is with the secret stashes.) I'd name the trails we did if they had names. May have to get the Pilot on that, although he tends to name trails things that can't be said in front of your mom.

I have to say, a week or two ago i had given up racing cross this season because of how my sore tired body feels after every weekend of ranch work. But listening to NPD talk, it's making me want to just go out there and have fun and not care so much about how I feel and finish. He has a great attitude towards racing and life...very positive. I hope some of that can rub off on me.
Cross is inherently fun if you don't take yourself too seriously. If you do well, that's great! Duking it out with whomever is around you is always fun. I hear the Pilot will be out there this year as well...which should be fun. I'll see if I can make it past the one race I did last year (before I broke my foot). Bring it on!

1 comment:

NinjaPonyDad said...

A grateful NPD responds.....aha! one ride in and I'm elevated to rant fodder, I love it. Was thinking of Meriwether at last nights' cross clinic, the crowd big enough to be broken into THREE groups of 15 or so! Good stuff all around, and lots of folks eager to learn , from kids to national champ.
One of the things that helped change my attitude about racing (racing to have fun, instead of beating yourself up for not winning) was a friends' comment after a long road race where he was dropped in the first half of the race...." I should have brought a camera, the scenery was beautiful" Even the bad races are good training.....
Thanks for the treat of riding such a pristine trail...