Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tour-delicious!

A solo Sunday tour up to the Chutes and Ladders. To the top of the run, with only minor route finding, in an hour and a half! Partially due to the lack of fresh snow and the rock solid trail on the way up. I used kicker skins most the approach. We need snow badly.

Here's the left (southern) most "chute" with three more to the right. They're pretty short runs - 400 vertical at most - but you can whip them all out in an hour if you so wish. Not the greatest conditions, as the last time it snowed more than a trace was almost two weeks ago when I was on the Hut trip. But any turns are good turns, right?! However, when it's over 40 degrees at 11,000ft in February...well that's just messed up! I can't remember the last time I put on Globstopper on my skins in February!

No comments: