Sunday, June 14, 2009

Recovery

I am having trouble writing since Monkey died. I picked up her ashes the other day and that kind of finalized it in my head that she's not coming back. It is truly strange how the human mind just cannot 'understand' death -- hence why there is so much mythology surrounding it.

We plan to spread some of her ashes in one or two of her favorite places on the property. But I'd also like to plant a tree and spread some of her ashes there so at least she has the chance at "reincarnation" in the biological sense, since I don't believe in the other version.

I'm staying busy with work, taking the now 5-pack of dogs for hikes, riding bikes, and doing work on the house but I don't feel the spark to write and share it all. I'm sure it'll come back one day as time goes on, but I still feel like a part of me is gone and not sure if that'll ever go away. You just move on because you must.

Here's a ride report from Dr.CX on yesterday's ride:
www.mudandcowbells.com

1 comment:

Greg said...

Truth: I came home after our ride yesterday and Lucca saw me, attacked me uncontrollably then proceeded to nuzzle her head like never before in my neck and face. All sweaty and salty, she must've loved that. Funny. As cheezy as it sounds, and I'll say it anyways, I told her about your/The Monkey in her warm, soft and floppy ear. And she decided to get all playful after that. So for what it's worth, a plump headed lab mix heard the word of Za Monkey and decided to romp for a while with me...all exhausted after our epic.

Good times.