Thursday, October 7, 2010

Singletrack Cross

Lately, I'm only riding once a week - for the Steel*Wool Wednesday night cross rides in Ned (Sunday's big ride an exception). Cross bikes on local trails with some hot laps on the figure 8 followed by pints and food in town...fall fest the mountain-cross way. There's just something about railing singletrack on a cross bike that is extremely addictive. If I could have just one bike, it would definitely be a cross bike!

A grey day with thunder threatening but no rain made for supreme riding conditions, if poor light to take pictures. It is getting pretty dark now even for the 5:30 ride time. Heyride's riding the new bridge with no lights was a highlight. Afterwards we celebrated BobB's bday at the Pighouse with a group of 12 or so. Bob appreciated my "Old is the new Young" Nomeansno sweatshirt but I felt like a dope wearing it for his birthday since I have a long time till I can truly earn my stripes. He's 20 years my senior and still killing it on the bike.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

in the dark with my eyes closed..!