Monday, October 17, 2011

Farewell to Basie


It's been almost 2 weeks since we let our boy Basie go.  He was part wookie part shepherd part...who knows...he was the perfect dog. It was 3 weeks before his 14th birthday.  We called him the Woodle because he looked part Wolf and part Poodle for the sounds he made if he saw another dog or coyote or deer.  He and the Monkey were the best of friends and they completed me.  I had tons of adventures with them exploring the local woods.  Now that they're both gone, a big part of me is missing, but I try to focus on the happy times we had over the last 12 years.  Basie just 'was'...he was such a 'Zen' dog...it's really hard to explain to you unless you met him, but he was everyone's favorite of our pack (although 'they' will never admit to choosing favorites...). He was the mellowest, happiest, most peaceful, loveable muppet that there ever was...I miss him more than I can say.

Here's a picasa album in memory of Basie.

2 comments:

jharrod said...

Long live the Wood-lay!!!

KB said...

What a wonderful dog the Woodle was. I am so sorry that you had to say good-bye to him. I am thinking of you.