Friday, December 16, 2011

December 15th snowride

 Studded Nokian tire on the front and just some rather low tire pressure in back I headed out for a local loop to see what was rideable.  Lots more than I thought! With temps in the mid-30's and no wind (yep, none!) it was stellar outside.  The dog walkers, runners, snowshoer's, and XC skiers have packed down many of the closer-to-town trails so that even on a regular MTB tire you can ride most of them.  I did see KB's trax out there though and it made me have tire-envy.  Wow...those Endomorph's are freaking huge!
I just love this view of the old surveyline

Crisp and clear view of the Divide from the Lookout trail.

 The snowfall up high is lacking but at least the wind has been silently absent (so far).  Unfortunately for this area, with snow comes wind, so you can't have it both ways (no wind and lots of snow to ski).  So in the meantime, I'm happy to keep riding my bike.

No comments: