Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Freddy

Sophie and Freddy on a hike in summer, 2008

I'm having trouble writing about anything. So much has happened but I just don't have the will to write right now. We lost Freddy, our rottie/pit mix. We put him to sleep a week ago Monday. And even though it happened at the right time for him and it was as good as it could've been, I am still extremely sad to have lost one of my best friends. It never gets easier, even when you plan it perfectly. Here's my girl smrp's ode to Fred; I really can't say it better than she did, but I will try to get back to writing this weekend.

3 comments:

NinjaPonyDad said...

After talking with you earlier, I realized that you are in that state of pain as well. Somehow this is one thing that doesn't get easier, you never get good at, you can't hide.....you can only do your best.
I know you do, and I know it hurts like hell.
I think the bravest people on earth are the ones that risk their feelings for the animals. We all know we're gonna get hurt....but it is SO worth having these fine souls in our lives. I have new stories to tell about our crew, and a crew we will always have ...no matter....

My heart is heavy for your loss, the best Bunny ever.

KB said...

I didn't know sweet Freddy super well but I loved what I knew. And, the love that you and smrp showed him over the past months spoke volumes.

I'm thinking of you, hoping that you find solace in the things you love in your life. You'll never forget the Bunny or stop loving him, that much I know for sure. Hang in there, and know that I'm thinking of you and your pack.

Scott said...

well said, NPD...well said, indeed.