Friday, June 24, 2011

Free money

I used to ride with Brian all the time when we first met back in 1995. We rode for Moots at the same time and traveled to races together, lived in Boulder and loved to explore for new trails on long all-day long rides.  A lot has changed in the years since then but even though we don't hang out together much anymore I still consider him a good friend. So when he showed up with pretty disheveled envelope for me last Sunday with some money, I wasn't surprised but it did make me laugh pretty hard.
To put context to this, the last time I raced a full cyclocross series in the pro category was 2000, so this envelope is for 6th place overall from the race series he put on in Boulder over 10 years ago...! In the envelope was a crisp set of bills totaling $85 that had been sitting in a drawer at his house ever since they handed out awards (and I obviously wasn't there).  WB asked if Brian what the interest is on $85 over 10 years...hah.
I'm just happy to have received some free money! He could've easily just kept it and forgotten about it a decade ago!

No comments: