Thursday, January 26, 2012

v3.9

Yesterday was my birthday. Happy birthday to me! I'm 39 now and I rode for exactly 3.9 hours on the fatbike around the greater Nederland area exploring what is rideable on the Rotundcycle and what is not.  I was pleasantly surprised with staying pretty local and having a great selection of packed snow, ice, and even dry dirt singletrack trail to ride! I found out that Sugar Mag, Mud Lake and most of West Mag is rideable, at least on a fatbike. And it's just awesome to be up there in winter.  Such a unique and different experience on the fatty!

My new toy is mounted to the bar there - a GoPro Hero 2 - a present from Mrs. Meriwether.  An awesome present that will get a ton of use but I probably wouldn't have bought it for myself.  I'll post some video clips of the ride in the next day. 

After the ride, we headed to dinner with some friends at Katmandu's and then out for a beer at Backcountry Pizza.  The Dogfish 60min IPA was freshly tapped and pretty good, but the Avery Mephistopheles was insane!
Here's to another "year" (what is a year other than a fabricated timescale?) and onto another! Cheers.



No comments: