Saturday, December 6, 2008

Yesterday was one of those days where you wonder why you woke
up...should've stayed in bed. I got up at 6 to plow the new snow and
fed the horses in the dark. Problem was I gave them each a large flake
of alfalfa hay instead of grass hay. (Yes, I'm a novice.) I understand
this is only a little less than like giving chocolate to dogs...a
dumbass maneuver. If they were adapted to alfalfa, well it'd be
better, but they're certainly NOT! Then, at 8, Bear had another
seizure...a bit different this time at the end. So I stayed home from
work to help monitor the group. Luckily none of the horses foundered
(yet) and Bear didn't have another seizure...but it felt like we were
ducking from some monkey in the sky throwing crap at us all day.

Today was better. Went for a great snowpacked dirt road ride on the
Hunter and had two fun hikes with the Count Muppies. Tomorrow is CO
State CX championships. Wish me luck!

No comments: