Friday, July 31, 2009

Soap Opera

Tanks meets the "regular" singletrack on the Friday morning commute.
Work has been a soap opera these last two weeks. Now friend-life has followed suit and it's truly insane. Who would've thought that all these things could happen at the same time?! It's like when you haven't had a flat tire in a year, and then suddenly you get 4 in a week (except times a million). WTF?! Unbelievable - truly...Unbelievable.

There are only a couple of things that can drag my mind back into the moment and be happy to be alive - my pack of animals (including my girl), and my bike (or skis depending on the season). The 10 minutes of singletrack that I was so lucky to ride today allowed me to deal with the 8 hours of shit that soon followed. These things mean a lot.

Brooks saddle update - 5 hours riding time. Not broken in yet (duh). Less slippery than at the start, one day of rain, doesn't really feel like it but looks more contoured to my arse, there's still a long way to go. One of the cool things about this saddle (other than it's sweet looks) is that it offers "natural" suspension to the rider and twists a little bit with your butt when cornering - it follows your moves. It has a certain character to it that is very different than other saddles...hard to explain right now but i will keep on trying.

No comments: