Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday

Boulder Creek looking at Elephant Buttress.

It sprinkled on me the entire commute and of course I left my rain jacket at the office. For once, it was drier at the house on leaving than on the rest of the ride. Tank handled it all in stride. Full fenders are awesome. Don't know how I lived without (well, it doesn't rain much here so that's how).

Brooks update. I'm calling the Brooks saddle break-in period at 15 hours. Maybe 20. I've lost track at what hour I'm at but I can tell you I don't see any difference between 15 and 30 hours. It started to feel 'comfortable' at 15 and the comfort-increments are becoming increasingly un-noticeable. Maybe in a year it'll be a different story when it REALLY has broken in. It's definitely a different vibe and ride than a new-school saddle. You sit back on the seat more, butt bones on the platform with less weight on the middle 'nose' of the saddle. It's more slippery still, I almost have to push myself back as I slide forward while riding on flat terrain. I wonder if they get less slippery over time? I notice my butt bones are creating indentations in the leather, it's slowly taking the form of my arse. Apparently, my pelvis tilts to the right side as the dent on the right is bigger than the dent on the left by a lot. Weird what you learn about yourself sometimes.

6pm outside my office. I saw a few deer grazing which is not a normal occurrence as we're sandwiched between a major highway and another busy road but as you can see (other than the office and roads being cropped out of the picture) it's a pretty natural setting. It's nice to see deer sneaking in to graze the hayfields instead of cows.

No comments: