Sunday, October 18, 2009

Running hurts

I truly don't understand how Brother Wolfe can do this.
While out in the Sunshine State (CA) last weekend, I toured norcal - Tahoe specifically - before heading back to the Marin area to see family. I don't run...well. I love to run though, I just don't do it enough. But when I get extremely sore and painful from a 4 mile run in the woods around Pollock Pines, well i cannot express my intense appreciation for those who run, and run very long distances especially. There's something so simple about running. All you need is your running shoes and you're off. I really find that appetizing, especially compared to the gear intensive backcountry skiing and even mountain biking. Anyway, be sure to read the link to our friend in Eugene's epic adventure on the Western States 100.

No comments: