Saturday, February 20, 2010

Two Moose

It's been a wildlife-full week at DVR. We awoke to two moose in the back meadow chowing down on the new willow shoots. They seemed more or less unperturbed by my presence when I went to go feed the horses, as well as the dogs barking in their general direction. However, they still slowly made their way up valley. It's good they have such long legs - you can see the moose on the right is belly deep in a snowdrift eating willow.

Our horse Daisy seemed a bit upset by their presence, and this one (the younger one I think) approached the back fence and stared at Daisy who was cussing out the moose (a funny snorting/huffing sound) to go away. Later, when I tried to get Daisy in the arena (in the general direction of the two moose), she did NOT want to go out there. I really would love to set up a pony camera so i can see what they see all day and night long.

The moose are making their high pitched calls from the north-facing woods all day, and the snow is really coming down now at almost an inch an hour. I reckon we'll see them tomorrow morning too.

No comments: