Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New to me

Tuesday morning, didn't have to be into work till later due to a night meeting, so why not try a new route into work? I wish I'd do this more often than just do 'the direct route' in! It took maybe a half-hour longer, provided some great scenery, and some good rough rider-ing (paved and dirt roads switching back and forth for the 30 mile ride).

Rollerballs were everywhere from the big warm ups. This one was particularly cool looking.

This road looks like I live some place other than where I do. I feel like I'm riding through the desert southwest at times. This is a great road to ride as only one car passed me, you get some very unique views of the biggest creek in the area, and there are views to the divide and plains within feet of each other.

This was the warmest day of the year so far, up almost into the 80s in the flatlands. I got my first sunburn of the year and saw the first chipmunks since they went into hibernation last fall. The chorus frogs are singing everywhere there's some standing water too down below. It's pretty amazing seeing the wildlife wake up en mass.

2 comments:

NinjaPonyDad said...

That is such a sweet looking ride!
I haven't been able to commute as you do, hopefully will change if we are awarded the bike park. But I have been taking the "your" canyon in and stopping at the higher switchbacks to watch the rising sun blanket the Divide. This 'ol roadie will be making that part of a loop here soon!
You'll be happy to know that my first "group" ride this year was on trails!
You ski photos are amazing,
xxoo to smrp and all the animals...

KB said...

I love that ride - I recognize parts of it really well. It's usually one of my springtime classics... that is, as soon as I can punch through one particular 4wd road that can be snowy.

I've been out riding but that ride is still out of my league. That's OK - as long as I'm ready when the trails open!!!

Keep on pedaling!