Sunday, April 18, 2010

Singletrack in April

That may not be saying much for some of you, but up high nothing has melted out enough to ride...almost. I'm not saying where, and there are some ice/snow patches, but on my 3 hour cross loop today I ran across some of that narrow singletrack that whet my appetite for more. The cross bike is so rad. It does everything! Not the best at singletrack, but just as fun as a MTB in my opinion, in a little bit different way. Good as gold for dirt road and just fine for pave'. I'm never selling the Indy Fab...but it is time for a new paint job (or touch up paint...?) as some surface rust is showing in many places where the paint has chipped off.

This must be the last weekend I'll have the closed road to myself, it's totally dry now and the Ranger gave me the steering wheel wave as he passed by so I guess I'm good to go ride that thing when it's closed to cars!

Spring is officially here in another way - I hear the Pasque flowers are coming up! There are none at the ranch, but we're always last to get them anyways being in Siberia here.

No comments: