Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dusk patrol

A new one for me Saturday - Dusk patrol at Ptarmagin Hill. 3-5pm. I just had to run up to get some turns as there is A LOT of new snow and high winds which made it barely turnable but one of the best ever up here. I  had to Wasatch the skin track to get speed for the down!
About 30cm deep!
 Today, headed up for a 3 hour tour to try something out I've been wanting do for a LONG time...I finally did and it WAS all that. A short-ish 1.5 hours to the top, going solo at my own pace.  Lots of people along the trail, but once again, after 1 mile in I saw nobody.
The sun split the clouds helping the wind blow them east.

Top of the top hill, mini hidden lake down there on the right. Heading momentarily into that tree'd glade left of center, then over the far ridge just past the lake. All said, it was almost 1200ft vertical to the bottom...! That's one of the longest runs in this area that I know of.
 This is looking back at the top section. You can see my turns in the middle/right if you look closely.
Such a sweet surprise this tour.  Short at 3 hours, knee deep Colorado champagne powder, and a new spot to bring the Pilots back to very soon. 

No comments: