Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dumpage

It just snowed a ton in Ned. It just started snowing when I went for a fatbike ride at 5:30pm on Thursday night on my way over to meet the rest of the Steel*Wool'ers at BC pizza for beer and food. By the next morning we had 22" at 7am on the deck. Then by noon we had a total of 27".  It kept snowing until afternoon Saturday! This storm dropped more snow in any Feb in the last 100 years.

Here's some pics and video of the Friday ski tour. We were lucky enough to get the local 'manager' to take a run at the trail with his snowmobile since we were first trax.  Breaking trail through near 30" of snow on the 1st day on skis in two months is...well, you know, hard.
rip curl.
this is the "Designated Travel Route" in case you were wondering.

Powers and Heyride at the top of run 1.

Heyride heading down.
This was too much snow for this slope angle (25 degrees at most), but it was freaking fun nonetheless. We had to get momentum on the skin track then jump off to get turns and then head back to the skin track to get more speed again.  The 2nd and 3rd runs were much easier and funner than the first because we could use our tracks from the 1st run to get speed.

Here's my first real video from the GoPro.  Not very exciting but watch for my bail.
I swear, the amount of editing I have to do makes me want to be VERY selective on what I film and what I don't!

No comments: