Thursday, February 23, 2012

Surprise pow day

and i had totally different plans today but after the txt from Heyride saying "10-inch rule. Going to ski Ptarmagin Hill. Want to join me?" I knew I had to go. (His work has a 10" rule--if it snows more than 10 inches overnight, you get a free powder day.)
Lucky for me that I can just work later, so that's just what I did. This is my last winter in Ned so gotta take advantage of it!


The road up to the spot was not plowed after the big turn. Luckily someone else had broken trail. We made it up to find three other big trucks up there parked a 1/4mile from the main parking area. One dude attempted the last leg, only to somehow turn around and park down below.  The Spidercouple was there, ahead of us on their swanky new DPS fat skis! BadCop, who has new twins, even showed up with a friend at the bottom of our first run. Good fun, good snow. I'll definitely miss this place.


No comments: