Monday, August 10, 2009

Sunday single

On the Hunter SS on a Sunday stroll. First sight out of the driveway were these two bucks across the street in the pond. Looking as if they don't have a care in the world. We knew there was something down valley as all the horses were looking attentively down there basically POINTING there and saying "LOOK! don't you see them?" They seem to hear or see lots of things down there that we don't.

My stable steed.

Trying to get into singlespeed shape hurts. Oh my. I went out for just 2.5 hours but with two major climbs and no real rest inbetween, my legs and lungs were wanting more. But this is the year of SSWC's in Durango and since i'm freaking riding there on this bike from GJ, I best git fit and become one with this bike. More on the route later, as I still don't know the middle section, but it starts on the Tabeguache trail, on to the Paradox trail, then somehow get from there to Telluride and up and over to the Colorado Trail (or Hermosa Creek trail, depending on the route) and then finally to D-town a couple of days before the race. I'm looking forward to another train/bike trip! But oh, how to get back...? Anybody wanna give me a ride home?!


A thing of beauty. Even with the trail in there. I went a bit higher than my normal weekend route and found more new stuff, but this time it was really quite good new stuff. The wood nymphs are definitely busy this year.

1 comment:

Scott said...

ride home, brother...ride home.