Monday, November 3, 2008

It was a Boulder Cup cyclocross race weekend. Two races in two
days...raced the "masters" open category (35+) and had a good old
sufferfest each day. Saw a ton of people that I hadn't seen in a long
long time - probably since the last time I raced cross seriously 8
years ago. Highs in the 70s made for some very un-cross like
weather. I was very happy grabbing 6th and 3rd place finishes as I
thought I was in much worse shape than I am. Thanks to NPD and all the
others for the cheers and props! I'm not even close to the Pilot
though who has won 4 straight!...but I'm on the rise so watch out! The
highlight was seeing McCarthy join in on the fun! Just like the ole
days!

The picture is of the top four Elite boys killing the rest of the
field....they were in their own category for sure. (Trebron, Wells,
Powers, and Johnson). It's cool watching the elite race from the
sidelines instead of partaking. Tons of people cheering and enjoying
the afternoon.

No comments: