Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving day.
We're not much for killing turkeys so this holiday always comes with mixed feelings...but we make the most of it by spoiling the animals we have.

It started out a cool way with us watching the 5-pack of coyotes playing in the back meadow...And I mean playing like they had no worries in the world! Too funny.


Then, a big out-the-back hike with the Count-muppies (4 dogs) in the morning and smrp letting the horses out to play in the afternoon, among other play sessions with the dogs.

It snowed a tiny bit last night so I just HAD to step out at 3 for an awesome 2 hour singlespeed ride on the Hunter dressed with his new mtn mustache bars (swapped out the H-bars to the 69er for the winter). Went west and up to B&S and sat on a rock overlook of the creek on the way down.
Perfect conditions:
Light snow over singletrack.
Right when I was about to leave a Goshawk lofted low below me up the drainage on his way home for the night. I agreed, it was time to head home before dark.
For all of this I am thankful.

No comments: