Monday, November 17, 2008

More cross

Raced last saturday at Louisville Rec Center, next to the lil crappy skatepark there. It was another sunny day on the cross course, if a bit colder (long sleeve jersey....whoa!). For November 15th, having a 50 degree cross race in Boulder seems odd. Record field numbers in all races - the Women's Open race had more women in it than I thought that rode bicycles in Boulder! Cross is indeed growing at an alarming rate. Who would've thought such a painful sport would gain such appreciation? It IS fun to watch, and now that I'm racing in the 35+ category, I get to watch some of my old friends suffer in the Mens Open race with beer in hand. It's kinda fun to yell (heckle) at them as they pass. Next year I may have to go back to the Open category cause I think with more training I could be competitive in there again. I'm by no means dominating the Masters class as each race is a struggle to get top 5, but I feel like the top 5 in the Masters could be top 15 or maybe top 10 in the Open. For example, the Pilot got a strong 6th place his first race back in the Open class after 4 wins in a row in the 35+ races. So anyways, I'm not good at race reports, so I'll leave that to Dr.Cross at Mud and Cowbells.

In other news, the Nederland Skatepark finally opened! After 5 years, it happened...it's there...and it's amazing! I heard opening day (when I was racing) was quite cold and windy. It highlighted what a wind tunnel Ned is situated in. Boards flying away from their owners...that is just classic.

No comments: