Sunday, November 23, 2008

Returning today from a visit out to norcal for my dad's 80th birthday.
That's a big birthday, and to see that he commonly gets mistaken for less than 65 is cool. Glad to have good genes. I got to hang out with his brother and sister and hear lots about
my grandad and grandma who I knew little of as I was pretty young when
they died. My roots are indeed in Colorado and I find it strange how I
ended up here not knowing that.

I'm wishing I had gone to singlespeed worlds in Sweden as all the
times my relatives have gone, they've been welcomed by a town full of
relatives and reunion dinners of 70 people! My uncle related a story
to me of his first trip back of him going to a church to ask
directions and the priest present said "why don't you ask the
gardener... he's your cousin!"

No comments: