Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lowest light. Winter solstice

Commuting by bike on the shortest day of the year is a bit of a yearly tradition. Not really a "special" occurrence but it is good thing to celebrate. From here on out, it gets (very slowly) lighter.

When I get up at 6am, it's dark. It's almost still dark when i leave at 7am. When I leave work at 5pm, it's dark. The bike lights are in full swing and will be for another couple months. When I get off the bus in Ned, it's REALLY dark, and cold, and usually windy. But it's been a lot warmer the last two weeks with temps hovering the 20s.

The lowest swing of the pendulum, my shadow will now start to get shorter. It looks like I'm riding that freakin 36" wheeled bike that was at SSWC09!

Storm coming in tonight, FINALLY. I asked for snow for Xmas and it looks like Santa is coming through.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh yes, the darkness! My ponies have been really irritated at the headlamp that I wear during the evening feed and late evening check. I always manage to accidentally shine it right in their eyes.

Maybe your dark commutes would be more interesting if you pretend you are a vampire. A short vampire on a bike with really, really big wheels.